As parents, we’re peacemakers by default.
Sure, we all fall short sometimes: who of us isn’t tired, cranky, annoyed and just worn down at times?
But we’re all graced with unlimited chances, so this October, AP Month is for you. Join us. AP Month is about celebrating and supporting each other as we strive for more peace and harmony in our families.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Send your photos to add to our wall of harmony! Help us share a virtual smile and hug with each other and the world.
- Subscribe to APtly Said (API’s blog) for daily doses of Peace and Harmony every day of October!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to donate items to our online auction (proceeds benefit API’s mission).
- Bid in our exciting and popular online auction October 18 – 31! (link coming soon)
- Share AP Month with everyone you know and spread the word: Peace and Harmony are “in” this month!
What: Attachment Parenting International (API), along with the Sears family and other prominent AP supporters, declared October to be Attachment Parenting (AP) Month. API has been celebrating AP Month every October since 2008.
The AP Month vision is to create one strong voice for AP through activities, events and information and to celebrate what we believe in — the value of “Nurturing Peace for World Harmony” in our families and our communities.
- In communities everywhere. API accredits leaders who host parent group meetings and events all over the world. Find an API group near you.
- Online. API’s blog, APtly Said, is the “grand central” of AP Month. Subscribe and stay tuned! Check out AP Month on Facebook too.
Who: All parents, AP partners and like minds around the world are invited and encouraged to join with us in“Nurturing Peace for World Harmony” during Attachment Parenting Month.
AP Month Goals:
- Unify the AP voice.
- Offer parents and adults support and confidence in “Nurturing Peace for World Harmony.”
- Promote awareness of AP.
- Educate about API, other AP Month sponsors and their services.
- Provide a source of funds to support the API mission.
About the theme: “Nurturing Peace for World Harmony” is the theme for AP Month 2016 and a statement that healthy, secure attachments between parents and children isn’t just one child or one family, but extends to whole communities, nations and even the world. We can be the change we wish to see in the world through our AP Month theme. We need not feel helplessly bathed in negativity; we can be empowered through this simple vision that begins in our homes.
During AP Month, parents are challenged to re-examine their daily activities and traditions and learn new ways to grow with each other and remain close and supportive. AP Month partners will offer resources to support and sustain these efforts all year round.