October 26 – Practice eating mindfully

October 26, 2010

Welcome to AP Month!

When you put healthy food into your mouth, see the sunshine in it, the earth in it.  It has come from the whole cosmos for our nourishment.  When you chew it, you are aware that you are chewing.  Don’t put anything else in your mouth, like your worries, your projects, your fears, just put the piece of food in.  Body and mind are united and you live in the present.  Fully enjoy the precious fleeting moment of now.

Today is a Giveaway Day! Comment in the box below about a nutritional wish you have and you’ll be eligible to win a thriveMOM! teleseminar!

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Jane November 1, 2010 at 5:14 pm

I need to take this insight more into mind for myself — I work so hard to make my kids healthy breakfasts and to pack them healthy lunches and to sit down for healthy family dinners, but in the rush-rush-busy-busy I often find myself gulping my food (even in the car!) to get on to the next chore.

2 Danielle November 1, 2010 at 6:46 pm

I wish I made more time to actually plan for healthier meals and snacks. I let myself get too busy and then I’m stuck making or getting things on the fly (costs more and less healthy).

3 Sarah November 1, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Nutritional wish? I wish that I had a huge garden so we could eat all veggies that we grew ourselves!

4 Joan November 2, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I wish it was easier (and cheaper) to find organic options for anything and everything we eat or drink. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by some of the places I’ve found organic options, including Costco and local grocery stores, but there are still many items that I can’t seem to find organic options for just yet. And organic options can be significantly more expensive, sometimes more than twice the cost of the non-organic version. Sometimes we just can’t afford the organic version, even if I can find it.

5 Norma Castillo November 2, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I wish we could as a family learn to “love” to eat vegetables just like we “love” to eat fruit.

6 Debra November 4, 2010 at 3:10 am

I wish I had a 100 tasty recipes for vegetables that both adults and kids will love….and organized in such a way that if I said, “I have an onion, 2 carrots and some kale” I could find a recipe that included all three. Now that would be amazing!

7 art November 4, 2010 at 8:51 am

YES! where is this service??!

8 Monica November 6, 2010 at 9:43 pm

I wish I could get back into eating healthy foods again! I just seem to have lost my motivation.

9 Stacy Leiser November 7, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I suggest allrecipes.com. They let you pick up to four ingredients you want and four you don’t want, as well as additional keywords. They came up with eight recipes using onion, kale and carrots! Almost all were soups, but still! It’s free, and it’s really helpful if you have a family member who is allergic to or refuses to eat common ingredients.